Emotional Intelligence for Self and Others through Coaching Mindfully
Often it is someone else who keeps telling us that we have no heart, no soul or no compassion for others! Ouch, that can really sting. Can you understand at all what they might be telling you?
We are all different and no one person has the correct or acceptable intelligence but with our emotions we do have the capability of learning some more acceptable ways of being with others. Individuals benefit from being aware of their own emotions and becoming comfortable in working with others’ emotions.We are all unique individuals with a whole range of feelings which sometimes we try to ignore.
There are really many ways of handling emotional situations, especially in the workplace.We are the human resources and our emotions are gifts that can be used to fuel our own and others behaviour.There is no room for unexpressed words, feelings and harboured resentments.Learn how to be more able to name how you feel, connect how you think and manage your behaviour. If you understand yourself then you have the capacity to understand others.
Development of individual awareness
- Emotional intelligence competencies; resilience,emotional expression, intuition, empathy,anger management
- Initiative, motivation and values
- Dealing with mistakes and failures
- Awareness of own and others’ congruence/incongruence.
- Clean communication
- Capacity for living with uncertainty, ambiguity and change
Working with Groups and Teams
- Enabling development of group awareness and identity
- Knowing how and why group members work well
- Awareness of boundary and control issues in groups
- Understanding of how compliance and difference are expressed.
- Sensitivity to individuals’ relationships with the group